VR Unveils EViD® Edge Electronic Pollbook
Advanced Ruggedized Tablet is Backed by VR’s Ten Year Support Package
TALLAHASSEE, FL – December 12, 2016 – Drawing from a decade of experience designing electronic pollbooks, VR today introduced the EViD Edge, a ruggedized tablet based pollbook that offers the durability, value, and usability elections officials require for a successful election, every time.
“We know the elections community has welcomed the flexibility of a tablet solution, but tablet devices have historically come with tradeoffs,” said Ben Martin, VR’s Chief Operating Officer. “VR introduced the Edge to fill in the gaps. The ruggedized design, multi port/redundant networking options and set-up features result in enhanced usability and functionality. VR’s ten year support guarantee safeguards the longevity and financial investment of elections jurisdictions.
“No one else offers this combination in the market today,” added Martin.
In 2006 VR introduced and later patented the EViD electronic pollbook in response to an urgent need by a customer devastated by Hurricane Charley. During the 2016 election, over 14,000 EViDs were in use, checking in millions of voters around the country.
The EViD Edge is a complete electronic pollbook solution, custom-designed and specifically built for elections. It includes a tablet, stand, wireless mobile printer, and casing solution. It is offered completely configured to meet a state or jurisdiction’s statutory requirements.
Additional features include:
- A broad range of wired and wireless I/O and networking capabilities including five USB 3.0 ports, WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet microSD card reader, and laser barcode scanner;
- Three point ergonomic positioning to facilitate voter signatures and easily accommodate ADA voters;
- Reinforced tablet cradle / dock integrated in stand;
- Enhanced security and ease of integration with elections systems;
- Full interoperability with VR’s EViD product line;
- Ability to interface with DirectPrint ballot printing solution for direct device to printer ballot printing;
- Ten year support guarantee - VR offers the option for support and maintenance for up to 10 years, reducing the costs associated with a tablet becoming obsolete after a few years or months;
- Rugged casing solution optimized for storage, transport, and operation inside the case if desired.
The EViD Edge adds to the current line of EViD products. VR also offers the EViD Compact rugged desktop-class pollbook and the EViD Station software-only license which can be configured to laptops and other client devices as needed.
For more information, or to schedule a demo of the EViD Edge, please contact EViDsupport@vrsystems.com or call 850-668-2838.
About VR Systems
Founded in 1992, VR Systems provides elections management services focused on the integrity of the registration and reporting processes. Following elections overhaul legislation in Florida in the early 2000’s, VR Systems began expanding its offerings across the state of Florida and today VR Systems serves elections clients in 14 states. The company, headquartered in Tallahassee, Florida, with a regional office in Matthews, North Carolina, is 100 percent employee owned (ESOP) by its approximately 40 employees. Its suite of products and services include the EViD electronic pollbook, the Voter Focus elections management solution, VRTower web management services and ELM election worker training. For more information visit www.vrsystems.com.
Lee Rice, (850) 668-2838